What is Massage?
Massage is the manipulation of soft tissues through a range of manual techniques affecting muscle tissue, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue. The aim of massage is to:
- Assist in reducing tension, pain and discomfort in the musculoskeletal system
- Enhance restoration and recovery of the body’s soft tissue following injury or illness
- Promote efficient joint mobility and soft tissue function
- Address structural and postural imbalances
- Enhance circulation to decrease muscle tension, increase suppleness of the soft tissue and promote healthy tissue
Massage may help with a range of health concerns including:
- Acute & chronic pain
- Promoting recovery from physical injury
- Joint dysfunction
- Headaches / Migraines
- High stress levels
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Sleeping difficulties
- Postural imbalances
The aim of massage is to alleviate:
- Stiff joints
- Sore muscles
- Fatigued muscles
- Physiological effects of high stress levels
- Poor flexibility and mobility
- Muscle tension, adhesions and scar tissue
- General aches and pains in the musculoskeletal system
Types of Massage
Remedial Massage – therapeutic massage designed to reduce restricted movement and muscle soreness, and to improve posture, alignment and joint function. Remedial Massage targets specific muscles and soft tissue to relieve soreness and improve muscle and joint flexibility.
Relaxation Massage – designed to reduce muscle tension, relieve pain and help to promote suppleness in the soft tissues in order to enhance physical and mental relaxation, and enhance the body’s innate healing capacity.
Pregnancy Massage – promotes relaxation and aims to provide relief from muscular aches and discomfort during pregnancy. Pregnancy massage is only used in the second and third trimester’s. If you have any pregnancy health concerns, we request that you seek approval for pregnancy massage from your GP or Obstetrician, prior to your first visit.
Myofascial Release – specifically aimed at reducing fascial restrictions and muscular pain by releasing tight and constricted fascia, thus assisting in restoring postural alignment, muscle function, flexibility and range of motion.
Infant Massage – You will be shown gentle infant massage techniques that you can do with your baby or infant. Infant massage is a great way to enhance bonding with your child, assisting in their growth and development and in helping to bring relief from sleeping difficulties or complaints causing the baby discomfort.
Gift Vouchers – available for all Massage and Kinesiology treatments. Gift Vouchers can be purchased online, over the phone or at the clinic:
- Online purchases – go to the ‘Gift Vouchers’ tab on our website. Online price includes a $5 processing fee.
- Over the phone purchases - contact us on 0412 388 459 and we will process the order over the phone and mail the Gift Voucher to you.
- Purchase in person at the clinic at 7/182-184 Anson St Orange. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or credit card (visa or MasterCard).
Payment for Gift Vouchers is to be made at the time of purchase.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 3 years from date of purchase.
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.